Schwedt / Oder
Schwedt/Oder mentioned for the first time in 1265 is located between gentle end morain hills and the wide Oder valley. The town was designed according to Dutch patterns, with wide streets and Baroque buildings. Unfortunately, this beautiful town system did not survive the Second World War. Just a few historical buildings were left standing. In the centre of the old town of Schwedt there are still important memorials of the more than 700-year history of the town. One of the oldest buildings is the Katharine church. The Catholic church, the County Court and the former soap factory were built after 1871. Joining on to this neogothic ensemble around the Vierradener Platz is the Vierradener Street. Today it is a pedestrian zone and invites you to come and stroll with the most business and historic town houses. The historic town system in the old town was also retained. Otherwise, the town is designed modern and useful. The Oder center is the largest and most beautiful shopping centre in The Uckermark and entices its customers with a colourful mixture of shops.